Monday, September 04, 2006

The First Post

I know what you're thinking, the web page was never updated so why would the blog be any different? Well, I'm going to try harder this time and the blogger stuff is easier than doing all the HTML myself.

Lots of exciting things have happened lately. I competed at Ironman Canada on Aug. 27 in Penticton BC and finished in a time of 12:48:35. The race consists of a 3.8k swim, 180k bike, and 42k (marathon) run.

I'll also be racing at the ITU Long Distance Triathlon World Championships in Canberra, Australia on Nov. 19. The distances are slightly different: 4k swim, 120k bike and 30k run.


Here are 2300+ triathletes at the starting line of Ironman Canada 2006.











And we're off...... I started way over to the right but still near the front. Some people say it's like a human washing machine or salmon run. If you don't seed yourself carefully you'll have people swimming over you, kicking you and grabbing your feet. It's not pretty.









I couldn't believe the number of spectators lining the bike and run course.













This is Eva, one of my Victoria training partners
who also did the race.














8k into the run














Such a blazing fast finish the pic came out blurry













Here I am with my finish line "catcher". They stay with you for 10 minutes to make sure you don't wander off and pass out in the bushes.









Congrats to Eva, Carolyn and Christiane who also did the race!!











Thanks again to Jason, Jennica, Mom & Dad, Shannon & Darren, Larissa, JoAnn, Donna & Ron, Linda & Al and everyone else who came out to cheer me on!!





We stopped at Duffy Lake on the way home. It's about 30k north of Pemberton and has a natural log boom.
















Watch your step Jason!

4 Comments:

At 6:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a mean lean triathalon machine. Wow! I was just telling Shan how amazing it was that you competed in and finished that triathalon. You look so fit and just fantastic. Congratulations Taralyn. What a time too!! Good job!

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger Otto, Jacob, Barb & Francis said...

glad you finally joined the party and started blogging! awesome job with the triathlon sorry we missed it!

 
At 4:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog! What a great way to keep in touch. Thanks! Taralyn, you look gorgeous at the wedding and I must say, Jason you are one handsome fellow. I can't believe you were at Bow Lake. I spent my second year university summer working as a waitress at the lodge right there at Bow Lake. Wow, that's totally amazing. Lots of Love, Mom (Cathy)

 
At 10:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK I have never blogged before but I simply had to as you have done such a great job on this!! Congratulations on your efforts in the triathlon Taralyn!! What a strong woman you are. Jason, It is great to see in the pictures that you are really immersing your self in and enjoying western life. Take care you two!! Laura and Mark

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home