Sunday, March 25, 2007

And the training begins....

This post is more about motivating myself than anyone else. I'm registered for the New Balance Half-Ironman on June 17th in Victoria and since the last race in November, my training has completely fallen off the wagon. I took December off to give my body a break, but the break has pretty much continued until now. With 12 weeks to go, I'm getting really nervous and feel that drastic measures need to be taken to survive this race.

Work has also gotten in the way of training since I've changed positions once again. I'm still at the Chamber of Commerce but I've been promoted (after 8 weeks) to Member Services Coordinator. I'm now the contact for our 750+ members and I'm also doing communications (website, newsletter advertising etc.) It's a lot of work but I really like it.

To kick-start my training I started a running group here in Whistler. I made up a bunch of posters and handed them out to people I knew. So far it's only been my friend Judy and I but I think more people will join when the weather gets better (there's still a lot of snow on the ground and the last 2 runs were in the rain).



Here's some more pics from last year:





The Y group after the Victoria Half-Iron






Is there anything cooler than a flame painted bike strapped to the back of a Camaro? (BTW I sold the Camaro to a friend in Whistler so I can still go visit it sometimes)














IMC bike course
















Just practicing for the finish line













Christiane and the boys after the underpants run. Triathletes are weird.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home